Roof turbine ventilation systems improve indoor quality by facilitating regular air changes. These roof turbines use absolutely no electricity and perform
efficiently in a wide variety of conditions.
How Do These Turbine Ventilators Work?
A turbine ventilator provides a form of natural ventilation
, moving air continually and causing trapped, stale air to be replaced with cleaner, cool air from outside. The turbine is a free-spinning roof ventilator, which uses a combination of
wind energy and convection
to facilitate air changes.
Roof Turbine as a Natural Ventilator
The roof turbine ventilator functions as a natural ventilator
when there is a difference in thermal or wind pressure between the inside and outside of the building, which forces the air to move through the opening of the ventilator.
Roof Turbine as a Forced Ventilator
In addition, the roof turbine acts as a forced ventilation system
when the turbine rotates, which causes a negative pressure (i.e. a vacuum) within the building. Cooler air from outside will rush into the vacuum within the building to restore the air pressure balance.
The Big Bird Turbine Roof Ventilator
At Modern Products, we use the Big Bird roof turbine ventilator.
During our many years in the industry, we?ve worked with and installed a number of similar products.
The current unit, which implements a number of Modern Products design innovations
, is undoubtedly superior to anything we?ve ever used before.
So what exactly makes the Big Bird roof turbine ventilation system so special?
Proper roof ventilation systems also play an important role in minimising your maintenance costs.
- It uses tried and trusted, globally accepted technology
- It has no operating cost – (yep, R0.00)
- It is a free-spinning roof ventilator that provides fresh air in your roof space and living area
all year round, 24 hours a day.
- It’s lightweight, strong and durable.
- It’s highly resistant to extreme climatic conditions
- The roof turbine is maintenance free – “Fit and Forget”
- We us a rigid spider-type frame in our construction to withstand wind velocities
up to 180 km/h for 60 minutes.
- The Big Bird roof ventilator is whisper quiet
- Installation is quick and easy on any almost roof profile
- The roof turbine has 36 aerofoil blades to deflect water and dust
- The Big Bird turbine is dynamically balanced for frictionless rotation at even the lowest wind velocity
- The roof ventilator can enhance the architectural and aesthetic appearance of your building
- The FRP Venturi Dome used with the roof turbine provides natural light during day time, thus reducing lighting load
- The continuous positive extraction provided by the roof turbine ventilator
eliminates heat, dust and fume penetration - The ventilator thus helps
ensure a cleaner and healthier working environment.
- The roof ventilator helps improve productivity by promoting a healthier and more comfortable working environment.
- The heat trapped in your ceiling space can cause electrical wiring to dry out and crack
- Rising damp in winter causes plaster to crack and damages paintwork
- Metal fittings on the roof can corrode.
- Trapped moisture causes mildew on ceilings and mould on roofing tiles.
By getting rid of the hot and damp air, roof ventilation turbines can help reduce your maintenance costs.
Applications for the Big Bird Roof Turbine
Over the years we've had many happy customers, fitting roof ventilation turbines in a variety of situations including:
- Textiles (Spinning, Twisting, Sizing, Weaving, Dyeing, Knitting, Processing)
- Chemical Industry
- Engineering Industry (Large Size Vessels/Tanks Evacuation during Welding),
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Boiler House
- Power Generation House
- Public Halls
- Private Residences